If you have decided you would like to delete your Gmail account, we have got all the information you want to get it done. Whether you are giving up on email entirely or simply don't need the account anymore, you can easily delete your Gmail account. Additionally, you can do this without deleting your connected Google account.
Google notes that deleting your Gmail account will delete all of your mails and your email settings, even though perhaps it doesn't immediately delete all of your mails. But should you choose a later date that you wish to reopen your Gmail account, you might have that option. You also don't need to be concerned about someone swooping in and pretending to be you using your Gmail address, since Google will not allow anyone else to use it after you have deleted your account.
You might choose to download your Gmail data before deleting your account, since it'll be missing otherwise. Here is the best way to download your Gmail data and store it for your computer.
Deleting your Gmail account will fluctuate slightly based upon the device you are using to delete it. Here are instruction about deleting the account in the computer, Android device,and iOS device.
On a computer
- Step one: Go to the Google Account management page.
You are able to jump there with this link or simply by launching Gmail, clicking on the grid near your user icon, and then clicking the Account option in the pop-up menu.
- Step two: Select “Data & personalization” from the navigation panel (this may appear on the left side or top of your window).
- Step three: In the new window, scroll to find the section titled “Download, delete, or make a plan for your data” and select “Delete a service or your account.”
- Step four: On the new screen, find the section titled “Delete a Google service”, and select “Delete a service.”
Here you need to be prompted to sign into your Google account for security purposes. Sign in the Google account you've got your Gmail account below to proceed.
- Step five: On the new screen, find the Gmail account you want to delete, and select “Delete”, then follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the account deletion.